GrandVision holds General Meetings at least once a year. Votes representing shares can be cast at the General Meeting either personally or by proxy. No restrictions are imposed on these proxies, which can be granted electronically or in writing to GrandVision or to independent third parties. Our shareholders may cast one vote for each share. All resolutions adopted at the General Meeting are passed by an absolute majority of the votes cast, unless the law or the Articles of Association prescribe a larger majority.
GrandVision’s Articles of Association detail the proposals that the Management Board may submit to the meeting and the procedure according to which shareholders may submit matters for consideration for the meeting, and can be found on GrandVision.com.
The following matters need to be approved at the Annual General Meeting:
- Adoption of the financial statements
- Declaration of dividends
- Significant changes to the GrandVision's corporate governance
- Remuneration policy
- Remuneration of the Supervisory Board
- Management Board’s discharge from liability
- Supervisory Board’s discharge from liability
- Appointment of external auditor
- Appointment, suspension or dismissal of Management Board and Supervisory Board members
- Issuance of shares or rights to shares, the restriction or exclusion of preemptive rights of shareholders and the repurchase or cancellation of shares
- Amendments to the Articles of Association
GrandVision’s 2020 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) will be held on 24 April, 2020 in Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands.